Wednesday, January 2, 2013

in the kitchen









265 words; 1 video, 3 pictures
            For Christmas, the boys received some Mythbusters episodes.  A job as a mythbuster has to be the all-time most fabulous job.  Even better than acting.  One myth they tested was the old idiom:  to hit the ground running.  They tested people being lifted and dropping to the ground, then a bicycle being dropped while at speed and finally, a car.
In every case the sudden friction or imbalance threw off the thing to such a degree that ‘hitting the ground running’ performed less well than starting from a standstill. 
            The sprint where I run is covered with water and when I begin to sprint, I usually slip a few times—as I did today.  But the keen observer of this blog will realize that I performed best today of the three sprints I have done this week.  How’s that for weird. 
            I’m sure you are all getting sick of me saying how pleasant it is to be able to run at a full sprint.  So I won’t say it again.

            This week, we’ve made pancakes…

 Here is a video of Oskar flipping a pancake:


 banana bread/muffins…


Oskar cracked an egg into the batter.  I asked the boys which one wanted to crack the egg; Maxim was stirring so Oskar said he would.  Before I could give any pointers or tips, he charged right ahead and did it perfectly.  I said, “Well done!  I didn’t know you could do that.”  Maxim said, “Well, you taught us!  Don’t you remember?”  I do, but I didn’t know that the lesson stuck so well.



and sweet and sour chicken. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment