Tuesday, January 22, 2013

water, at -19?









Words 193
I think I was wimping out before because today, at -19 C, or -2 F, I was NOT very cold.  The wool socks on my hands kept my fingers warm and I was sweating.  My ears took the prize for the coldest part of my body.  I guess my DFS hat must be getting stretched out.

As I ran, on one stretch of sidewalk, I was amazed to see WATER.  I thought there might be some kind of subway tunnel underneath, but it hadn’t seen anything remarkable, like water, before.  When I ran over the WET sidewalk again, I noticed how I was making a lot of crunching noise.  Then I realized that it was because of the salt/gravel mixture that had been thrown on the pavement. That also must have been the reason for the water.   Interesting.
You might notice that I have added squats to my exercises.  This is the exercise that is usually done with a barbell on the shoulders, standing and then doing a deep knee bend.  In my case, there is a heavy metal construction that I pick up to my waist and then do the knee bends.

No comments:

Post a Comment